computing divergence with spherical harmonics and centered finite differences

From: Juliane Schwendike <juliane.schwendike_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Oct 23 2011 - 17:22:34 MDT

Hello,

I computed the divergence of the horizontal wind filed using uv2dv_cfd and
uv2dvF_Wrap and get different answers. I don't understand why the answers
are different. I would like to know what both functions do and why the
results differ. Could you please help me?

I am also inverting the lapacian by using the function ilapsF_Wrap. Could
you please tell me what the function does? Which equation is is solving? Is
the function doing more than the pure spherepack routine (it seems to be
like it)?

Kind regards,
Juliane