Re: About gsn String

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Oct 24 2011 - 09:17:18 MDT

It looks like your labelbar is higher than your plot, which is causing your gsnXXX strings to be pushed up.

If you make the labelbar shorter by setting res@pmLabelBarHeightF to something smaller (try 0.60), then this might help.

If you haven't already, try also setting:

  res@gsnMaximize = True

This will maximize the size of your plot in the frame, and sometimes this helps with title issues.

Otherwise, you can use these resources to move the strings up or down:

gsnLeftStringOrthogonalPosF
gsnRightStringOrthogonalPosF
gsnCenterStringOrthogonalPosF

You should start with small negative values, like -0.02 to see if this helps.

--Mary