question about NCL and OPeNDAP

From: Cathy Smith <cathy.smith_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Oct 28 2011 - 10:12:57 MDT

Users
I ran into a problem using OPeNAP in NCL to read files. 95% of the time it
works fine.
The other 5 percent a file doesn't open. I can see the open error in log
files
and it is an OPeNDAP issue and not something on my part. I would like to
trap an error condition so I can either keep trying or at least exit
gracefully. I don't see a way to do this in NCL. Is there a way? I looked at
the nil-talk archive and
someone had a similar question with no solution but was hoping there is now
a solution.

I am using 5.1.1 linux 32bit NCL

Thanks!
Cathy