Re: WRF_SLP and WRF_INTERP_1d documentation

From: Joseph Zambon <jbzambon_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Nov 03 2011 - 14:55:40 MDT

The two functions are found in the source code under: ni/srv/lib/nfpfor/wrf_user.f, right next to each other coincidentally...

Briefly, here is the final equation to calculate SLP (Note: the 0.01 factor converts to hPa):
              SEA_LEVEL_PRESSURE(I,J) = 0.01 * (P(I,J,1)*
     + EXP((2.D0*G*Z_HALF_LOWEST)/
     + (R* (T_SEA_LEVEL(I,J)+T_SURF(I,
     + J)))))

I have attached the subroutines, hopefully it helps to answer your questions.

-Joe

Joseph B. Zambon
jbzambon@ncsu.edu
NC State University
Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Jordan 4133