Re: plot wrf output by NCL

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Nov 11 2011 - 11:45:58 MST

Chao,

As the error message states, you can't create 2D coordinate arrays. It is a NetCDF requirement, and hence an NCL requirement, that variable coordinate arrays be 1D.

When you have 2D lat/lon arrays, you need to set the sfYArray/sfXArray resources to these arrays.

So, remove this code:

    raincc!0 = "lat"
    raincc!1 = "lon"
    raincc&lat = lat
    raincc&lon = lon

and then before this line:

plot(0) = gsn_csm_contour_map_ce(wks_id,raincc(:,:),res)

add these three lines:

  res@gsnAddCyclic = False
  res@sfYArray = lat
  res@sfXArray = lon