skewt_func.ncl code

From: Manisha Ganeshan <manisha.ganeshan86_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Dec 20 2011 - 10:21:03 MST

Hi,

I am trying to modify the skewt_func.ncl code to be able to plot one
additional dry adiabat, saturation mixing ratio line and moist adiabat from
my sounding data.
I noticed that the skewt_func.ncl file has these values hardwired into the
code. For example, dry adiabat values are declared as potential temperature
values at 1000hPa level. The points where these intersect the left and
right edge of the skewt (y-axis) are also declared. Do you know how these
values are calculated?

For example, I want to plot one additional adiabat say with potential
temperature 32 degrees C at 1000hPa, but I don't see how can I determine
the value of the intersection of this adiabat exactly at the y-axis (edge
of the skewT).

Kindly help.

Nisha