Re: problem with dpres_hybrid_ccm

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Jan 15 2012 - 11:33:02 MST

Hybrid coefficients come in 2 forms.

NCL assumes the coefficients are of the form:
    p = a(k)*p0 + b(k)*ps
This is the form 'our' climate model uses.

The 'other' form is
    p = A(k) + B(k)*ps

===
  B(k) = b(k)
  A(k) = a(k)*p0
===

Hence, to convert to the form expected by dpres_hybrid_ccm
and press_hybrid_ccm ...

hyai=f2->hyai
hyam=f2->hyam
     :
p0 = 100000
hyam= hyam/p0
hyai= hyai/p0

----
I always recommend that people use 'printVarSummary(...)'
when debugging a code.
A simple script is attached.
Regards