horizontal offset when using gsnXYBarChartOutlineOnly

From: Medeiros, Brian <brianpm_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jan 20 2012 - 14:28:03 MST

Hi NCLers,

I just noticed that when I am drawing bar charts using gsnXYBarChart, there is a horizontal offset of half a bin-size if I turn on the outline-only option. I don't know if this is documented or not, but I didn't see it on the site, and it isn't the expected behavior.

Example script below makes a plot of the bar chart with outline only turned on in black, then the regular bar chart in red, and then just the data points as blue markers. My output plot as a pdf from NCL 6.0 is also attached.

.brian

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"

Y = genNormalDist(0, 10, False)
X = Y@x

wks = gsn_open_wks("pdf", "Test_Outlines")

res = True
res@vpHeightF = 0.25
res@gsnDraw = False
res@gsnFrame = False