Drawing terrain in arbitrary Cross Sections

From: Luis C. Cana Cascallar <lcana_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Feb 01 2012 - 09:37:29 MST

Hi all,

I would like to draw and arbitrary vertical cross section (lon1-lat1 to lon2-lat2) of a high resolution WRF output (500 m) of several data with the underlying terrain. Starting with the example script to plot along a cross section (form the ARW online Tutorial), now I'd like to read the values of the terrain heights and plot them drawing a filled polygon.
Has anybody done something similar or give me an advice of how to do the filled polygon?

Best,

Luis

Luis C. Cana Cascallar
lcana@dfis.ulpgc.es