Re: boxplot and gsn_attach_plots

From: <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Feb 02 2012 - 14:32:35 MST

Hi Carl,

Is the attached plot similar to what you want to achieve?

If so, then the BoxPlot is not of a plot-type normally expected by
gsn_attach_plots (and hence the error message; I hand-jammed the
BoxPlot plot-type into the function to test a theory). Indeed, a
BoxPlot, with its cardinal X-axis, would be unsuitable if the plots
were to be attached along the X-axis, as there would be no
commonality. However, it does seem legitimate to attach along the
Y-axis, as in this case. The implementation may need to refined.

I need to discuss this further with my colleagues. I can't promise
when/if a fix would be short coming. If you need to make progress in
the short term, I can show you what I did to produce the example plot
(at the risk of voiding your ncl warranty ;-)

Let me know...
Rick