output on batch systems

From: Joćo Martins <jpmartins_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Feb 07 2012 - 03:56:11 MST

I am running NCL scripts using batch systems and a problem that
frequently run into is that I can't follow how the script is running.
When running in interactive mode, my scripts send information to the
screen like the iteration number on a loop, or a date. When I submit
them to a batch queue system, the output is only produced when the
script ends, so I can't really see how it is doing. Is there a way to
get around this? I've noticed this behavior both in a SLURM and in a
TORQUE system.

Any help would be great!

--
Joćo Martins