Re: [ncl-install] installation error: "Resource directory does not exist"

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Feb 15 2012 - 10:27:32 MST

Dear Dr. Tarawneh,

In the future, please post NCL questions to ncl-talk:

See our "shapefiles" example page, which shows how to plot data from a shapefile.

You can get free shapefiles from www.gadm.org/country.

In particular, see example "shapefiles_8.ncl" which shows how to draw the boundaries of India.
You should be able to take this example and replace the two lines:

 dir = "IND_adm/"
 filenames = "IND_adm" + ispan(0,3,1) + ".shp"

with the ones for Saudi Arabia.

Then, you will need to change these four lines:

;---Zoom in on area of interest
 res@mpLimitMode = "LatLon"
 res@mpMinLatF = 5
 res@mpMaxLatF = 37
 res@mpMinLonF = 65
 res@mpMaxLonF = 99

to have the latitude/longitude areas of interest.

--Mary