Re: Operating at the pixel level with a PNG or x11 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: Griffith Young <G.Young_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Feb 12 2012 - 14:22:25 MST

>> The term "pixel" has several different uses.
>> In computer graphics it often refers to individual picture cells or color elements in a raster graphic format such as PNG or JPEG.

The first term is the one I am thinking of.

>> Do you really want to set individual PNG picture cells

Yes

>> Your reference to "reg->land(lat, lon)" appears to be a data grid reference.
>> This implies that you are working at the data cell level, not the image cell level.

reg->land is an array of 178 by 139 mask bits.

I would like a PNG that is coloured for the mask bits and background for the unmasked bits.

I had hoped this would be easier than plotting a contour map, trimming the default text, then resizing to 178, 139. I can do this, but it appears to be an ugly implementation.

It is possible that I am thinking about this process at too low a level.

Thanks,
    Griff Young.