errors when using WRAPIT

From: Sha Feng <sfeng_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Mar 07 2012 - 11:53:09 MST

Hi ncl-talkers,

I tried to call a Fortran routine from NCL script, but it failed. The errors are as follows.

******************************
Copyright (C) 1995-2010 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 5.2.1
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
warning:An error occurred loading the external file ./write_littler_onelvl.so, file not loaded
dlopen(./write_littler_onelvl.so, 2): Symbol not found: _write_littler_onelvl_
  Referenced from:~t/write_littler_onelvl.so
  Expected in: flat namespace
 in ~/write_littler_onelvl.so
warning:error at line 5 in file test_littler.ncl

fatal:syntax error: line 62 in file test_littler.ncl before or near :
       WRITE_ONELVL:
-------------------^

fatal:error in statement
fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
fatal:error at line 73 in file test_littler.ncl
*****************************

Line 5 is the code loading the external function ./write_littler_onelvl.so
Line 62 is the code for calling the Fortran routine
Line 73 is "end"

The .so was created. I printed the outputs (see below) adding -d when ran WRAPIT.

WRAPIT Version: 100111
OPERATING SYSTEM: Darwin
FORTRAN COMPILER (f90c): gfortran
FORTRAN COMPILER OPTIONS (fopts): -m64 -fPIC -v -c -fno-second-underscore
gcc -m64 -c -fno-common -I/usr/local/ncl_ncarg-5.2.1/include WRAPIT.c
SHARED OBJECT NAME (SharedObj): write_littler_onelvl.so
LINKER SUFFIX (ld_suffix): WRAPIT.o -L/usr/local/gfortran/lib -o write_littler_onelvl.so

LINKING
gcc -m64 -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress WRAPIT.o -L/usr/local/gfortran/lib -o write_littler_onelvl.so -lgfortran
END WRAPIT