Re: sea level pressure contours

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Mar 19 2012 - 12:47:17 MDT

Hi Alexander,
Are you getting any error messages that are being returned by the
plotting functions? I would guess that what is going on is that you are
losing your latitude/longitude coordinate variable information in this
coding:

pres = in->MSL_GDS0_SFC(108,:,:)
var2= pres/100

Since you are dividing pres by 100 NCL is not sure that you want to keep
the coordinate variable info, and is not passing the coordinate
variables from the right hand sign of the equal sign to the left hand
side. Add a couple printVarSummary statements to see what I mean:

pres = in->MSL_GDS0_SFC(108,:,:)
printVarSummary(pres)
var2= pres/100
printVarSummary(var2)

Assuming I'm right, try changing your coding to this:

pres = in->MSL_GDS0_SFC(108,:,:)
var2 = pres
var2 = (/ pres/100 /)

or

pres = in->MSL_GDS0_SFC(108,:,:)
pres = pres/100
plot2 = gsn_csm_contour(wks,pres,res2)

Hope that helps. If not, let ncl-talk know.
Adam