gsn_polymarker and gsn_text

From: Luis C. Cana Cascallar <lcana_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Mar 19 2012 - 08:18:17 MDT

Hi all,

I'm trying to create one single frame that includes a contour -terrain heights- drawn over a map, but I also would like to include the location of one ground station and its name if possible in the same plot, same frame.
In oder to create the contour and the map I started with the NCL WRF example "wrf_wps_ter6.ncl", which first creates the contour and then overlays it over the map, using wrf_map_overlays. This part works ok; now, I added the following code to get the polymarker and the text drawn over the plot:

 plot = wrf_map_overlays(a,wks,(/contour/),pltres,mpres) ; Plot field over map

; Add marks where the stations are located
  resp = True ; Poly res desired
  resp@gsMarkerColor = "Black"
  resp@gsMarkerIndex = 16 ; black dot
  resp@gsMarkerSizeF = 0.01
  gsn_polymarker(wks,plot,-14.012,28.432,resp) ; Molino de Antigua, GC08

; Add the name of the station
  txres = True ; text mods desired
  txres@txFontHeightF = 0.015 ; text font height
  gsn_text(wks,plot,"Antigua",-14.012,28.472,txres)

However, what I see is the plot without the polymarker and the text, and when I advance the frame, the black dot seems to appear in the right place but for a very little moment

What am I doing wrong? I've read that gsn_polymarker and gsn_text should be used with only with gsn functions and wrf_contour or wrf_map_overlays are not...

Thanks in advance,

Luis

Luis C. Cana Cascallar
lcana@dfis.ulpgc.es