wrf_contour - interpolation of missing values?

From: ozan mert gokturk <zanmerto_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Mar 15 2012 - 10:07:25 MDT

Dear All,

I am trying to plot 850 hPa temperatures from WRF output, using wrf_user_intrp3d and wrf_contour. My problem is, at grid points where terrain is high (~ >1500 m), 850 hPa temperature values are obviously "missing", and are not contoured. Is there a not-so-long way or a function to interpolate these missing values horizontally, in order to make the contour plot look 'continuous' ?

My output map (Turkey) is attached.

Thanks in advance,

Ozan