creating the nc file

From: Alexander Semenov <asemenov_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Mar 13 2012 - 14:18:16 MDT

Hi!

I have a problem with writing out the results of averaging in netCDF file.
I was hoping you could tell me where i had an error.

For some reason. My output variables S_avg and I_avg have weird dimensions:

float S_avg(zlev, zlev, lat, lon) ;
S_avg:long_name = "Daily sea surface temperature" ;
S_avg:units = "degrees C" ;
S_avg:_FillValue_original = -999s ;
S_avg:valid_min = -300s ;
S_avg:valid_max = 4500s ;
S_avg:_FillValue = -999.f ;
S_avg:average_op_ncl = "dim_avg_n over dimension(s): time" ;
float I_avg(zlev, zlev, lat, lon) ;
I_avg:long_name = "Sea ice concentration" ;
I_avg:units = "percentage" ;
I_avg:_FillValue_original = -999s ;
I_avg:valid_min = 0s ;
I_avg:valid_max = 100s ;
I_avg:_FillValue = -999.f ;
I_avg:average_op_ncl = "dim_avg_n over dimension(s): time" ;

I need 1st dimension to be time. How come it puts zlev and then lev again?
I didn't ask for that.

In my opinion, the error has to be in arrays or in averaging.

My code is attached.

--
regards
*Alexander Semenov*