netcdf

From: Scott Durski <sdurski_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Mar 05 2012 - 13:33:52 MST

Hi

I am reading variables from a bunch of grib files located remotely and
writing them to a netcdf file. I get an error that looks like:

ncvarget: ncid 2686976; varid 109: NetCDF: I/O failure
fatal:NetCdf: An error occurred while attempting to read variable ...
from file (http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/thredds/... .grb)

The error is intermittent. I can rerun the script and successfully read
the same variable from the same file. So I'm not sure if it's due to
some network hiccup or server slowdown. Is there anyway in NCL to trap
the error status returned by the ncvarget call so I can have the routine
'try again' until it succeeds rather than just write garbage to the file
and continue?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Scott