Re: Cannot set sfElementNodes to stop contouring between unrelated nodes

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat Mar 24 2012 - 09:14:58 MDT

Hi Carmen,

You definitely need to set sfElementNodes to render this dataset correctly either in NCL or in PyNGL.
I was able to transpose the dimensions of the "nv" array with no problem using the numpy transpose function.

nv = file.variables["nv"][:].transpose(1,0) # has the wrong dimensions to be used to for sfElementNodes

With minor modifications to your script (also attached) I produced the attached plot. Hopefully this will help.
 -dave

.