going back from cylindrical grid to original lat/lon equidistant grid

From: leroux Marie-Dominique <marie-dominique.leroux_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Mar 22 2012 - 02:26:29 MDT

Hello,

I was wondering whether there is a built function in NCL that would
interpolate data from a cylindrical grid to a regular lat/lon grid(?)
My original grid is equidistant (lat1d and lon1d are 1-dimensional
arrays that contain the coordinates).
To perform azimuthal analysis, I have interpolated my data to a
specified cylindrical grid (radius,azimuths) for which I know the
latitudes and longitudes of each point (radius,azimuths) on the rings:
they are contained in 2-dimensional arrays (RLAT2d and RLON2d).

Now: which is the best function to go back to my original lat/lon grid?
Shall I use the "rcm2rgrid" procedure? If so, I have a problem:

The procedure is: rcm2rgrid(lat2d,lon2d,fi,lat1d,lon1d,1)
my RLAT2d, RLON2d, and fi arrays have (radius,azimuths) coordinates.
They are obviously not in ascending latitude and longitude order as
"radius" varies from 0 to 1000 km, and "azimuth" varies from 0 to 359
degrees.
I can order both RLAT2d, RLON2d to be in ascending latitude and
longitude order but then how can I modify fi accordingly?

Thank you very much for your precious help,
Regards,
Marie-Dominique LEROUX