Re: Segmentation Error with Running NCL

From: Don Morton <Don.Morton_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Apr 06 2012 - 11:35:25 MDT

After all these years of using NCAR Graphics tools, I downloaded a newer
version of NCL yesterday, had remembered in the back of my mind that I
should set NCARG_ROOT before running, but I forgot, and I couldn't figure
out why I was getting seg faults.

I just happened to browse at your response to this problem and it rang a
bell in my head, and sure enough, remembering to set NCARG_ROOT solved the
problem. Just letting you know that your suggested solutions go beyond
helping the original person who posted :) Thanks for helping those of us
with our "senior moments."

By the way, you'll have one of our students, Kayla Harrison, at the NCL
Tutorial this summer. I've been her mentor for three years and she's been
a joy to work with. I threw Unix and WRF at her when she first came to us
as a freshman, and though she went through a lot of frustration (and
isolation, because I was often out of town), she stuck with it and has been
doing some great stuff for us. I'm sure you'll enjoy her there!

Best,

Don Morton