Re: Extracting unique values in an integer array

From: James Correia, Jr <jimmyc42_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Apr 04 2012 - 06:17:18 MDT

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/closest_val.shtml

See if the code in Example 2 can be used or modified to accomplish your
task.
jimmyc

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 2:54 AM, Xianxiang Li <xianxiang.li@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if there is a function in NCL to extract unique values
> from an integer array with some repeating values, like the function
> 'unique' in matlab. I searched and found the following thread in
> 2008:
>
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Support/talk_archives/2008/0335.html
>
> I wonder if this has been added into NCL? If so, can you give me a
> link? Many thanks.
>
> Regards,
>
> Xianxiang

James Correia Jr.
OU CIMMS Research Scientist
SPC HWT Liaison
"The highest function of the teacher consists not so much in imparting
knowledge as in stimulating the pupil in its love and pursuit. To know how
to suggest is the art of teaching."