To change the time variable attributes in merged netCDF file

From: Noel Aloysius <noel.aloysius_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Apr 11 2012 - 16:28:23 MDT

Hi NCL-talk,

I used NCO operator 'ncrcat' to merge two monthly timeseries files
("1850-2005" + "2006-2100") and, then, created a subset for the period
1901-2100 monthly values. The resultant netCDF file has the time attributes
set to begin on 1850-01.

To change the time attribute, I tried to create a new file and transfer all
the data to that. I am able to define and create all the attributes but
when I tried to write the data values (precipitiation values in this case)
I get error that says

"fatal:Variable (pr) is undefined"

I have attached the script. I appreciate your help to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Noel