Re: wrf_rh

From: Maria (Masha) Tsukernik <masha_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Apr 20 2012 - 07:00:34 MDT

Moti:
This is what the NCL website has as the description, but I suspect
you've seen it.
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/wrf_rh.shtml

Description

This function returns relative humidity with respect to liquid water
[%], which is estimated by the ratio of the actual to the saturation
vapor pressure. This function also makes sure there are no negative
values in qv by setting them all to 0.

I am pretty sure it's the standard way of RH calculation - similar to this one:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/relhum.shtml

Good luck,
Masha