help with using shapefile to mask an array

From: mark collier <Mark.Collier_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Apr 17 2012 - 19:35:10 MDT

Hi,
I'm new to shapefiles but I mostly understand how the shapefile approach works in ncl, however, my attempt to use one of the polygons to mask an array using gc_inout fails - the interface looks simple enough.

I have created a tar ball of the data and script if someone is able to help. The script try.ncl is its current form plots the shape file, I have commented out the gc_inout call, when uncommented I would expect it to work.

I have uploaded the file data.tar to ftp.cgd.ucar.edu (incoming).

ncl -V
6.0.0

uname -a
Linux dcc 2.6.18-274.7.1.el5 #1 SMP Thu Oct 20 16:21:01 EDT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Many thanks,
Mark.