Re: Plotting wrfout data (Was: no subject)

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Apr 23 2012 - 08:10:52 MDT

I recommend visiting the WRF-ARW online NCL graphics tutorial:

http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/Graphics/NCL/

If you click on "example scripts" and then "Surface with multiple input files" you will see a link to an NCL script that opens multiple input files and gets various values off the span of files.

To extract data from a particular lat,lon, you will need to user wrf_user_ij_to_ll. I'm not sure what examples on the WRF-ARW tutorial use this function, so I've CC'ed wrfhelp@ucar.edu.

--Mary