Re: anomaly

From: Alan Brammer <abrammer_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu May 17 2012 - 07:15:12 MDT

Sinclair,

I think this is the slight adjustment you require
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/conform.shtml

> f = addfile("olr.1979_2010.nc","r")
> var = f->olr
> U= dim_avg(var(lat |: , lon| : ,time| :)) ; could use U=dim_avg_n_Wrap(var, 0) instead

uConform = conform(var, U, (/1,2/) ) ; will expand U to the dimensions of var, matching dimensions (1/,2/) of var
anom = var - uConform

> printVarSummary(anom)

Alan

Alan Brammer
PhD Student,

Department of Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences,
University at Albany,
State University of New York
Albany, NY, 12222

abrammer@albany.edu