gsn_attach_plots issue

From: Nikola Marjanovic <nikola_marjanovic_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed May 16 2012 - 16:47:51 MDT

Hello,

I am having an issue with gsn_attach_plots. I am trying to make contoured
cross sections from WRF data and add smooth terrain to them. This works
fine when I use the wrf_overlays function and overlay the terrain filled
in with black by using gsn_csm_xy and setting these resources:

opts_ter@gsnYRefLine = 0.0
opts_ter@gsnAboveYRefLineColor = "black"

The problem is when I try to panel the figures using gsn_attach_plots. All
the figures have the terrain drawn in but everything under it is not
black, but is the contour fill from the WRF data. I think this is because
I have to set the wrf_overlays resource PanelPlot to True and the overlay
is not drawn and framed at the moment. For some reason this deletes the
black fill for my terrain. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Any help would be appreciated. I am using NCL version 6.0.0

Thank you,
Nikola