Re: EOF Eigenvalue Error

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon May 14 2012 - 16:13:25 MDT

No much to go on here.

Why are you doing

    lat = new((/nlat/), "float", -999)
    lat(:) = (/slp(0,:,0)/)

Did you print lat after the above???
    print(lat)

My guess is that you are assigning sea level pressure values
to 'lat'. I think that would be a problem, n'est ce pas?
also, no harm using lat(:) but better to use only 'lat'

If you did the following

    f = addfile ("...", "r")
    slp = f->slp

You should be able to use standard NCL syntax

    lat = slp&lat
    print(lat)

====
If you want to work with just a region, you can directly
read in just the region of interest. Good programming practice
is to use variables rather than hard wiring values.

    latS = 15
    latN = 75
    lonL = 140
    lonR = 250