Re: Contour effects

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri May 11 2012 - 10:14:24 MDT

Hi Guilherme,
Thanks for sending an easy-to-run script so we can test it here. Instead
of using gsnAboveYRefLineBarPatterns/gsnBelowYRefLineBarPatterns, I
believe you need to use gsnXYBarChartPatterns2.
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/gsn.shtml#gsnXYBarChartPatterns

gsnXYBarChartPatterns2 will assign patterns sequentially regardless of
the orientation of the bars with respect to the reference line, while
the gsnAboveYRefLineBarPatterns resource repeats the patterns but for
only those bars above the reference line.

So comment out these two lines :
;res@gsnAboveYRefLineBarPatterns =
(/seco,seco,seco,seco,seco,seco,seco,umido,umido,umido,umido,umido/) ;
12 meses
;res@gsnBelowYRefLineBarPatterns =
(/seco,seco,seco,seco,seco,seco,seco,umido,umido,umido,umido,umido/) ;
12 meses

and add this line:
res@gsnXYBarChartPatterns2 =
(/seco,seco,seco,seco,seco,seco,seco,umido,umido,umido,umido,umido/) ;
12 meses

Finally, you should add a frame(wks) call right after your gsn_panel
call, as you are setting gsnFrame to False in your panel resource list.
I have attached a modified version of your script along with the
resulting graphic.

Hope that helps,
Adam

On 05/11/2012 06:13 AM, Guilherme Martins wrote:
> Hello users,
>
> I'm creating a figure where I have dry (jan-jul) and wet (ago-dez)
> seasons. Dry season is shaded (option 0) and wet season (option 17)
> according to
> "http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Images/fillpatterns.png".
> When the values are below zero (res@gsnYRefLine=0.) the patterns
> change, that is, in NPP variable to 2003 the wet season must be with
> the "option 17", but I don't know why this occur. In 2004, the start
> year is wrong, that is, jan-may must be shaded (option 0) and ago-dez
> must be with "option 17". The same occur to NEE variable.
>
> I send the figure, script and input file.
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Guilherme.
>
> --
> *Guilherme Martins*
> http://guilhermemartins.hd1.com.br/

Adam Phillips                                asphilli@ucar.edu
NCAR/Climate and Global Dynamics Division       (303) 497-1726
P.O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO 80307-3000    http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/cas/asphilli