Re: [ncl-talk] help installing ncl_ncarg-6.0.0

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed May 23 2012 - 10:23:30 MDT

Chandra,

There is no code in NCL that calculates OLR.

wrf_user_getvar does one of two things when you give it an argument: it tries to calculate this quantity, or it looks for a variable of the same name on the file.
Since "OLR" is not a recognized quantity by wrf_user_getvar, it is looking for this variable on the file.

I believe the script you had must have been written for one of the WRF output files that had a variable called "OLR" directly in the file.

--Mary