Re: Use of "short2flt_hdf" function

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon May 21 2012 - 09:36:00 MDT

When NCL complains about "argument (0)" this means the first argument to whatever function or procedure you're calling. Of course, since short2flt_hdf only takes one argument, there's not much else it can mean!

Anyway, it's telling you that whatever you are passing into this function is the wrong type. This function expects a "short" type:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/short2flt_hdf.shtml

You may need to do this:

if(typeof( f->$vNam$).eq."short") then
    x = short2flt_hdf( f->$vNam$ )