Re: Regrinding from one polar stereographic grid to another

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jun 11 2012 - 08:14:24 MDT

Hi Andrea,

The new ESMF regridding functionality is what you want.
    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ESMF.shtml

This functionality is available in the recently released
NCL 6.1.0-beta.

Currently none of the examples are for curvilinear to curvilinear.
However, I've attached a script that should work. You should:
(1) name the input file and the names of the latitude and longitude
variables on the source file;
(2) read or create the lat/lon for the destination grid;
(3) specify the name of the output file that will contain the weights;
(4) select a variable which can be plotted. The step is only for
verification that the regridding works correctly.

The weight file need be generated only once.
It can be used for all future regridding.

Regards, D