Possible Bug with "new" delete

From: Daniel Adriaansen <dadriaan_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jun 15 2012 - 13:37:20 MDT

Hello NCL users,

I wanted to alert the developers to a potential bug, or perhaps
"unintended behavior". Perhaps I am wrong, so correct me if I am but I
am having trouble deleting specific resources using the new delete "list
type" functionality.

For example (pseudo-code):

res = True
res@tmXBMode = "Explicit"

times = (/0,15,30,45,60/)
ntimes = dimsizes(times)

do i=0,ntimes-1,1

   filelist = sysfunc("ls /path/to/files/for/current/time")

   nfiles = dimsizes(filelist)

   res@tmXBValues = ispan(0,nfiles-1,1)

   plot = gsn_csm_xy(wks,x,y,res)

   delete([/filelist,res@tmXBValues/])

end do

In the above snippet, I want to change the number of X tickmarks based
on the number of files since it changes depending on what time I am at.
Deleting a specific resource does not work using the list functionality
(Currently in "alpha" mode based on the NCL webpage).

What does work is if you just delete that resource not using the list:
delete(res@tmXBValues).

Just a heads up. Please let me know if you are not able to replicate this.

-Dan