Has anyone come up a way to force X11 not to open / close it?

From: John Wong <gokoproject_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jun 13 2012 - 20:54:01 MDT

Hey guys,

I am an undergraduate student working on a browser-based computing program
and one of the languages we supported is NCL. We don't know how to set the
DISPLAY variable properly, because we are running these scripts in the
background (send jobs to the slave machine, run there, and send back the
results back to the master machine).

For example, we tried to run gsun01n.ncl, but it said it couldn't open X11
workstation.

We found this small snippet here(
http://www.srnr.arizona.edu/ngdoc/ng4.0.1/ug/ncl/tutor/session4.html), and
we adapted the PostScript solution.
Here is the modified script: http://pastebin.com/F8aW3CNp

If you look at line 11, we commented that out, and replaced with line 12
called create

That works. We are able to generate the graph in postscript format.

However, this requires us to hack the users' code. Our goal is to let
researchers to use our application, and the challenge is: we can't make
them to change their codes... what if it's NASA guy running this? Thousands
of lines!!!

Has anyone forces it to close or ignore it? I can't even run my scirpt
because it can't open the X Windows (display environment is set
improperly..)

If anyone has an idea or better solution, please let me know. I would love
to make this app available and let all of you to test this...

Thanks,
John