Height as vertical coordinate for data on eta levels

From: Karl Volz <volz_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jun 19 2012 - 16:22:35 MDT

Hello-

I have the same question but I do not understand the response. If I
have a wrfout file that has z as level,time,lat,lon ordered values,
how do I access the values , assign them to "z", and then associate
them to the eta levels as the vertical coordinate?

I believe this:

z = wrf_user_get_var(f,"z",-1)
w!0="z"
w&z =z

yields this:

fatal:Coordinate variables must have one dimension only

-
Karl

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jan 12 2012 - 10:15:44 MST
Mark,

It is a simple matter to change the coordinate array of a variable to
something else, especially if it is the same type (float, double, etc).

So, yes, if the current coordinate array is called "w&znw" and you
want to replace these values with the variable "z":

(I'm assuming eta height is the leftmost dimension of w):

    w!0 = "z"
    w&z = z

--Mary