Re: Regridding from low to high resolution ?

From: Madeleine Patterson <madeleine.patterson77_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jun 15 2012 - 10:23:58 MDT

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your response - I am trying to get the regridding function I
created to work; I've tried your code but I get an error message:

fatal: number of dimensions in parameter (2) or (regrid_cat) is (3), (2)
dimensions were expected

So I tried putting the regrid function into a do loop so I can loop over
all 10 pfts...

do i=1,10
xregrid = regrid_cat(clon,clat,pctpft(i,:,:),tlat,tlon) ;;;; (this may
well be incorrect syntax)
end do

but then I get the error message :

fatal: grid2triple : the last input array must be dimensioned ny x mx where
ny is the length of y and mx is the length of x

- so in my function definition testd=grid2triple(clon,clat,pctpft), it's
saying pctpft must be 2 dimensional, not 3 dimensional (which it is).

How to get around this? Would I have to read in each pft as one 2d
variable, perform the regridding then reconstruct the 3d netcdf file, or is
there an easier solution?

thanks,

M.P.