Geometry vertical gradient

From: Wilhelm Haygen <w.haygen_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jun 13 2012 - 02:18:54 MDT

HI-
Its very simple question, I wonder how to calculate geometry vertical
gradient if i have a set of data in isobaric/pressure level unit (hPa),
let say u {lat, time, lev}, but i want to produce the geometry vertical
gradient in unit [m s-1 km-1]. I guess the appropiate function is
*dudz = center_finite_diff_n (u,z,False,0, 1) *
I just want to make sure, can this syntax be applied for my case?
Thanks,