Re: font bug

From: Andrew Dawson <dawson_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jul 04 2012 - 14:42:00 MDT

This is an issue of rendering. If you print the file it will be correct. To
see for yourself simply zoom in far enough you will see the lower case 'i'
correctly.

If you are using Adobe Reader you can go to Preferences->Rendering and
uncheck the option "enhance thin lines" (exact location may differ
depending on platform and version of adobe reader). Doing this should mean
your lower case 'i's are rendered correctly without having to zoom in.

Andrew

On 4 July 2012 17:03, Erik N <nobleeu@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I use the buit-in Helvetica-Bold font for plotting purposes, the
> lower-case " i " keeps getting plotted as an " l "
>
> For example, I use the following for the attached plot:
>
> res@gsnLeftString = "Land Use"
> res@gsnCenterString = "WRF Model Domain"
> res@gsnRightString = "USGS Categories"
>
> All the i are plotted as l.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this problem with plotting? ( Is it my
> computer?)
> I am using the NCL 6.1-beta.
> --
> - Erik -

Dr Andrew Dawson
Atmospheric, Oceanic & Planetary Physics
Clarendon Laboratory
Parks Road
Oxford OX1 3PU, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1865 282438