Re: Regridding from low to high resolution ?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jul 16 2012 - 09:04:17 MDT

Hi Madeleine,

Your question is not a silly one! In fact, I'm going to post it back to ncl-talk, since I should have used a different interpolation method on your variable.

"Bilinear" is just the default regridding method, which I always use for demonstration purposes since it's fast.

But, you're right, the "conserve" method should

 be more appropriate for categorical data.

Usually I include the regridding method used in the title of the plot, but I just forgot to do that here.

I've included what it looks like to use all three interpolation methods on your variable. I've also included a new version of your script that allows you to select the interpolation method to use.
The method you use will get put in the title, and it will be used to name the weights file.

--Mary