Help Needed With the Taylor Diagram Functions

From: Joshua Walston <jmwalston_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jul 12 2012 - 18:51:53 MDT

Hello,

I am new to NCL and have a question about how exactly a function works. I
am interested in creating a normalized Taylor Diagram using the Special
Topics Taylor Diagram function: taylor_diagram.ncl. The diagram is designed
to display three statistical values (standard deviation, root mean square
error, and the correlation) of a reference and simulated field. This
function can be found at this link:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/taylor.shtml

A few of the examples from the above link show diagrams that have RMSE
lines, but the scripts do not refer to RMSE inputs only ratio values and
correlation values. My question is then, how are the RMSE values displayed
on these normalized Taylor Diagrams? Also, is there a way to display the
values of the RMSE on the diagram?

Thanks for the help,

Let me know if I am making any sense of if I need to be more specific!

~Josh

--
Joshua M. Walston
Graduate Research Assistant