Re: land ocean boundary for 40 to 300 longitude range

From: gibies george <gibiesgeorge_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jul 24 2012 - 09:41:22 MDT

Thank you Alan and Mary for your reply

My problem is solved by putting the mp resources correctly as follows.

 res@mpMinLatF=-30
 res@mpMaxLatF=30
 res@mpMinLonF=40
 res@mpMaxLonF=300
 res@mpCenterLonF=(res@mpMaxLonF+res@mpMinLonF)/2

Earlier I have given mpCenterLonF as the center of data longitude. later
only I realize that it is the center of map longitude itself.

Regards

Gibies

On 24 July 2012 20:16, Mary Haley <haley@ucar.edu> wrote:

> Dear Gibies,
>
> There's not enough information to answer your question.
>
> Are you getting any errors? Are you just getting a blank plot?
>
> Can you provide your script and data? Please see:
>
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/report_bug.shtml
>
> --Mary
>
> On Jul 24, 2012, at 5:26 AM, gibies george wrote:
>
> > Friends,
> >
> > I would like to make a contour plot with land ocean boundary for a
> longitude range from 40E to 60W (ie 40E to 300E)
> >
> > I tried "gsn_csm_contour()" but not getting land ocean boundary.
> >
> > Then I tried "gsn_csm_contour_map()" but not plotting for {40:300}
> longitude range.
> >
> > Can any body suggest a solution ?
> >
> > --
> > Gibies George,
> > CSIR-Senior Research Fellow,
> > Monsoon Group,
> > Climate and Global Modelling Division,
> > Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology,
> > Dr. Homi Bhabha Road,
> > NCL (P. O.), Pashan,
> > Pune 411008, India.
> > Tel. Off. +912025904306
> > Mobile : +919028523910
> > +919881707796
> >
> > http://sites.google.com/site/gibiesge/

*
*
*
Gibies George,   CSIR-SRF,
**Climate and Global Modelling Division,
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology,
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road,
NCL (P. O.), Pashan,
Pune 411008, India.
Office mail : gibies@tropmet.res.in