mapping question

From: Katherine Hedstrom <kshedstrom_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jul 19 2012 - 16:51:47 MDT

Hi all,

We are trying to redo some mapping software to use ESMF within NCL. The
mapping of a global grid to a regional grid worked, but the mapping of a
global grid to a "curtain" at the edge of the regional grid failed. Turning
on verbose mode, it tells me to look in a PET0 file containing things like:

20120719 141701.465 ERROR PET0 ESMF_FieldRegrid.F90:1522
ESMF_FieldRegridGetI
wts Invalid argument - - can't currently regrid a grid that contains a DE
of width less than 2
20120719 141701.465 ERROR PET0 ESMF_FieldRegrid.F90:727
ESMF_FieldRegridStore
NX Invalid argument - Internal subroutine call returned Error

Is it true that mapping to a curtain is not supported? How about to a
point? Will this be supported in future?

Kate