Trying to adjust Cross section data

From: Suffern Paul <paul.suffern_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Aug 03 2012 - 06:56:10 MDT

Happy Friday everyone,

I have two quick questions about some cross section diagrams I am trying
to do. Attached are two .pdf image files and as can be seen I know how
to adjust the y-axis labels (using the YLValues and YLLabels commands,
line 127 of .ncl code). However, I was curious if anyone knew first of
all how to make sure that my z-axis labels actually line up with the
correct values from the model data? Otherwise I can arbitrarily assign
hPa z-axis values on any model run/case that I do... and I want to make
sure everything is correctly lined up. This case is over Peruvian
mountains and all the mountainous terrain within the domain is above
3000 meters...so clearly image 1 can't be correct even though it is the
default from the script I have. Any help there would be greatly greatly
appreciated!

My 2nd question relates on how to adjust my script so that I can plot
any range in the z dimension that I want. For instance, plotting just
800 hPa to 600 hPa, or 300 to 200 hPa...rather than plotting the whole z
dimension of 1000 hPa to 50 hPa. Does anyone know how to narrow this
down? Is that something I can adjust in line 61 through 76 of the .ncl
code attached here? I've tried changing the zz=z/100 value (line 63)
and that doesn't change the z-scale.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be very helpful!

Thanks!

Paul

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - THIS E-MAIL TRANSMISSION MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, SUBJECT TO COPYRIGHT, AND/OR EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. IT IS FOR THE USE OF INTENDED RECIPIENTS ONLY. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the original sender immediately by forwarding what you received and then delete all copies of the correspondence and attachments from your computer system. Any use, distribution, or disclosure of this message by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.