NCL6.1 and Mac 10.8 XQuartz issues

From: Alan Brammer <abrammer_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Aug 02 2012 - 13:00:02 MDT

Hi All,
        I think this is more of an NCL issue rather than an XQuartz (X11) issue. I upgraded to 10.8 a few days ago (perhaps foolishly), since this upgrade when I plot to x11 within NCL I get a half drawn plot as below, this occurs with maps and plain contours, it seems that the first step is being plotted then it forgets to do the rest.
I thought maybe it was a XQuartz issue but ncl 6.0 plots fine which leads me to think its 6.1 and Xquartz or also likely my installation of 6.1 though the same issue is occurring when run from a remote linux machine and run locally on my mac.

All other plot types are fine, just x11 has issues.

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone know a work around, other than my current work around of plotting to another type and viewing that?

Hope this makes sense.

Many Thanks,
                Alan.

example script:
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
wks = gsn_open_wks("x11","test")
plot = gsn_csm_map(wks, False)

Alan Brammer,
PhD Student

Department of Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences, University at
Albany, SUNY, Albany, NY, 12222