Re: How do I properly close a file after opening it using addfile

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jul 30 2012 - 07:59:31 MDT

In NCL, there is no need to close a file after opening it.
Don't know your setup but

    diri = "./" ; "/what/ever/"
    fili = systemfunc("cd "+diri+" ; ls foo*.grb")
    nfili = dimsizes(fili)

    do nf=0,nfils-1
       f = addfile(foo(n), "r") ; open
         :
         :
    end do

Each time through the loop the file reference (ie, pointer) is changed.