creating distinct colors ...

From: Ufuk Utku Turuncoglu (BE) <u.utku.turuncoglu_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jul 30 2012 - 03:21:57 MDT

Hi All,

I want to create a array which contains a set of distinct colors. The
only input will be a number of color and output will be a array that
includes the color definitions (as a sting or RGB triplet). The main aim
of mine is to use these colors in a marker plot as a marker color. In
this case, the markers are very close together (creates a small cluster)
and i want to use the colors to create easy to look plot. I was doing it
before by specifying the colors manually but the number of markers are
getting increase and it is not easy to find the distinct colors by name
manually. So, i want to automatize this procedure. Anyway, i just wonder
that is there any easy solution for it? Maybe new color ability (by
using opacity of the colors) can help but i am not sure. Any suggestion
can help.

Regards,

--ufuk