Re: Interpolate RUC13 data from hybrid coordinates to pressure levels?

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat Jul 28 2012 - 21:57:40 MDT

There are no hybrid coefficients on the file. The lv_HYBL2

       integer lv_HYBL2 ( lv_HYBL2 )
          long_name : Hybrid level
          units : number

is just a number. However,

       float P_130_HYBL ( lv_HYBL2, gridx_130, gridy_130 )
          center : NOAA Forecast Systems Lab, Boulder CO
          long_name : Pressure
          units : Pa

can be used as the basis for interpolating to specified pressure levels.

---
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/int2p_n_Wrap.shtml
    plvl   = (/.../)          ; Pa
    linlog =   ...            ; your choice
    p      = f->P_130_HYBL    ; (0,1,2)
    u      = f->UW_130_HYBL
    u_plvl = int2p_n_Wrap(p, u, plvl, linlog, 0)  ; v5.2.0
    printVarSummary(u_plvl)
---
You should upgrade your version of NCL  :-)
Good Luck