storing unequal numbers of data under one variable

From: Soumik Basu <sbasu_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Aug 06 2012 - 13:10:42 MDT

Hi,

I am trying to plot some points on a map. I have 60 ascii files each
having different number of data in it. I am attaching a sample file of
my dataset in which columns are time, storm count, lon,lat,pressure
respectively. I am trying to read only the generation point i.e. the 1st
lat lon point of each storm count.
My question is how can I store the unequal numbers of lat lon points
from each of the 60 files together under the same variable so that I can
add polymarkers for all the files together on one map.

Thanks,
Soumik

--
"Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel
it.